Information about studying in the USA
Use the information in this website to better understand what you need to do before and after you arrive in the USA as an F-1 student:
Arriving in the USA
You may arrive up to 30 days before your start date. You can find your first arrival date on your form I-20. Do not plan to enter the USA any sooner than this. When you travel to the United States, please be sure to carry the following on the plane with you (do not pack in your luggage):
- I-20 and Acceptance Letter
- Bank Statement
- Address where you will be staying
Visit this website for more information about travelling to the USA:
Once you arrive in the USA, please contact LCI as soon as possible to check in.
You can find out more about LCI classes, expectations and policies:
Checking-in/Reporting to LCI
- You should plan to arrive at LCI on the Program Start Date Listed on your form I-20. Please bring the following documents with you to LCI for check-in:
- Your passport/visa
- Your signed I-20
- If you have dependants, please bring all of the above for them too.
- When you arrive, you should contact LCI in order to:
- check in at the front desk
- take a placement test (OR you can submit a recent official TOEFL or IELTS score report; the placement test can take 2-3 hours)
- tour the school and receive important building information
- register for classes
- F-1 students:
- You are required to register for a minimum of 18 hours per week.
- Your tuition is based on the number of hours you select. Please see the tuition chart for exact prices.
- Tuition and fees are due on the day of registration; no later than the first day of classes. LCI accepts cash, checks, or credit cards.